China Trade Secret Protection: Practice & Strategy
Publication Date: 15 October 2010
It can be difficult to protect trade secrets in China, and here this insightful yet entertaining book will open a new world to trade secret protection in China.
It is all about Secrets and Tips to protect your trade secrets as secrets
It might have been a big myth and pain for you to protect trade secret in China, and here this insightful yet entertaining book will open a new world to trade secret protection in China for you.
By Catherine Sun, managing partner, a seasoned lawyer from Foley & Lardner LLP.
This book will provide you with:
- A comparative analysis of the daunting subject of trade secret protection in China and Western countries;
- How employment agreements and contracts can be used to protect trade secrets, and where these may fall short;
- The advantages and pitfalls of civil litigation and arbitration for protecting trade secrets
- The opaque procedures involved in administrative and criminal enforcement
- Dramatic and on-going revision of China's technology transfer regulations that have evolved since China's entry into the WTO
- A comprehensive analysis of the variety of protection offered in different geographic regions in China.
Table of contents
1 Trade Secrets Defined
2 Employees- The Greatest Threat
3 Protection of Trade Secrets by Contracts
4 Technology Import and Export
5 Trade Secret Civil Litigation
7 Administrative and Criminal Enforcement
8 Trade Secret Dispute by Arbitration
9 Trade Secret Protection in Different Regions
10 Corporate Confidentiality Program
Appendix 1 Case Summaries
Appendix 2 Major Laws and Regulations
Appendix 3 Excerpts of International Treaties, Laws, Regulations and Rules
Appendix 4 Sample Forms