Butterworths Hong Kong Contract Law Handbook - Third Edition
Author(s): Lindy Course, Agnes Chan, Alfred YF Sit, Elliot J Fung, Arthur Redisall Lee, Paul Stephenson
Publication Date: 3 April 2013
Butterworths Hong Kong Contract Law Handbook (Third Edition) is a detailed work of reference containing a general introduction to the law of contract in Hong Kong.
Butterworths Hong Kong Contract Law Handbook (Third Edition) is a detailed work of reference containing a general introduction to the law of contract in Hong Kong and up-to-date annotated materials on the following:
- Sale of Goods Ordinance (Cap 26)
- Control of Exemption Clauses Ordinance (Cap 71)
- Misrepresentation Ordinance (Cap 284)
- Supply of Services (Implied Terms) Ordinance (Cap 457)
- Unconscionable Contracts Ordinance (Cap 458)
- Law Amendment and Reform (Consolidation) Ordinance (Cap 23) (ss 11, 13-18, 21 and 23)
- Limitation Ordinance (Cap 347) (s 4)
- Electronic Transactions Ordinance (Cap 553) (ss 17-19)
All relevant cases and legislation are succinctly discussed in this practical guide for legal practitioners and students. The enhancements within this third edition makes this handbook a more comprehensive guide and will also be an invaluable source of information for businesspersons, company directors, HR professionals, importer-exporters, and all those involved in the drafting of commercial agreements.
"Lawyers are used to classifying into neat pigeonholes the requisite components of a contract: offer, acceptance, consideration, the terms. Businessmen too, but not all the time."
World Food Fair Ltd v Hong Kong Island Development Ltd
 1 HKC 594 (CA) per Ma CJ.
The first edition of this work has been adopted as a recommended text at several law and business courses within the University of Hong Kong, City University of Hong Kong, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, and the Hong Kong Polytechnic University.