Butterworths Hong Kong Building Law Handbook - Fourth Edition
Author(s): Andrew Mak
The Butterworths Hong Kong Building Law Handbook is published to reflect the changes made under the Buildings (Amendment) Ordinance 2011.
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The Butterworths Hong Kong Building Law Handbook is published to reflect the changes made under the Buildings (Amendment) Ordinance 2011 and Buildings Legislation (Amendment) Ordinance 2012.
This handbook makes available in a convenient form the full text of the Buildings Ordinance (Cap 123) together with section-by-section annotations. The annotations include amendment notes, carefully researched case authorities, expert commentary and other authoritative material presented in a concise and succinct style. In addition, cross-references are made to subsidiary legislation and to tables and forms where necessary.
Changes since the last edition:
- Matters relating to the issue of warrants authorising entry into premises or upon land.
- Registered inspectors required to notify the Building Authority of certain unauthorised building works.
- Surcharges on costs recoverable by the Building Authority under the Buildings Ordinance (Cap 123).
- Application of sections 39B and 39C have been extended.
- A new inspectors’ register under the Building Ordinance has been established.
- Sections 30A –30F of the Buildings Ordinance have been enacted.
- The Building (Inspection and Repair) Regulation (Cap 123P) has been introduced.
- The Building (Construction) Regulations (Cap 123B) was amended to accommodate the laws made under the Residential Care Homes (Persons with Disabilities) Ordinance (Cap 613).
- The Building (Standards of Sanitary Fitments, Plumbing, Drainage Works and Latrines) Regulation (Cap 123I) was amended in 2015 under LN 191 of 2015.
These amendments are incorporated in this edition so that it will serve as the most up-to-date reference guide for practitioners, legal advisers, students, and anyone interested in the laws governing the planning, design and construction of buildings and associated works in Hong Kong.
Land Law in Hong Kong - Fourth EditionHK$ 2,500.00
Building Management in Hong Kong - Third EditionHK$ 1,600.00
Hong Kong Tenancy Law - Sixth EditionHK$ 2,000.00
Butterworths Hong Kong Conveyancing and Property Law Handbook - Fourth EditionHK$ 1,500.00
Land Compensation and Valuation Law in Hong Kong - Fourth EditionHK$ 2,200.00