Banks on Sentence 2021
Publisher: LexisNexis Butterworths
Banks on Sentence is the definitive sentencing guide.
This is an Import Title. Please note that delivery time would be around 2 to 3 weeks.
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Why should you buy Banks on Sentence 2021
Banks on Sentence is the definitive sentencing guide. It is used by judges, barristers and solicitors for sentencing hearings in the Magistrates' Court, Crown Court, Courts Martial and the Court of Appeal
Volume 1 sets out the sentencing powers available to the Courts. It contains all relevant material to set complex and overlapping legislation in context. It includes procedure to be applied in sentencing hearings, including applications for behaviour orders and appeal hearings.
Volume 2 contains all the relevant guidelines, cases and sentencing material to enable judges, magistrates and practitioners to determine the sentence for almost all commonly prosecuted offences.
Banks is the most comprehensive coverage of sentencing available. It offers substantial case authority material to assist where no sentencing guideline exists. Where guidelines do exist, Banks provides judicial guidance on the meaning and application of the terms used in a given guidance.
The 16th Edition includes:
- Both volumes fully updated to reflect changes made by commencement of the Sentencing Code (Sentencing Act 2020) where conviction was on or after 1/12/20.
- All currently applicable Sentencing Guidelines, including newly effective guidelines for firearms offences and updates to guidelines for Drugs offences.
- Criminal Procedural Rules 2020.
- The Taking Account of Convictions (EU Exit)(Amendment) Regulations 2020 and Brexit-related amendments.
- Judicial guidance (Manning) concerning the impact of the covid-19 pandemic on the prison estate and discounted sentences.
- R v Privett and Others on the assessment of harm in cases of arranging the commission of child sex offences, where the child in question was fictional.
- R v PS and Others regarding the court?s assessment of culpability where an offender suffers from a mental health condition.
- R v Abbott and Others on assessing the statutory surcharge in cases involving a breach of a earlier court order, or multiple offending.
Also available on LexisLibrary where updates are incorporated into the content between publication of the print editions. For more information click here.
PWC MANUAL OF ACCOUNTING IFRS 2021 SETPublication Date: January 31, 2021HK$ 2,140.20
UK-Bennion, Bailey and Norbury on Statutory Interpretation Eight EditionPublication Date: December 18, 2020HK$ 5,848.53
Goode and McKendrick on Commercial Law Sixth EditionPublication Date: August 20, 2020HK$ 2,398.50